Online Fraction Calculator
The easiest way to work with math fractions is to use our fractions calculator. It’s a great help to validate your own calculations. However, using our online fraction calculator will ONLY verify the correct answer.
Keep in mind … your ultimate goal is to understand HOW to calculate the results in the first place!
Solve fraction problems, including improper fractions, mixed numbers and whole numbers.
All answers are given in the REDUCED FORM!
- Enter each fraction in the fields provided (formatted like 1/3, 2 7/8, or 7/5)
- Select the operation you wish to perform (i.e. Add, Subtract, Multiple, or Divide).
- Finally, click on the “Calculate” button to see the result.
For mixed numbers, be sure to leave a space between the whole number and the fractional part (i.e. 2 1/4 or 7 1/8, etc.)
Do not put minus signs in this calculator. When multiplying or dividing with a minus sign in front of a fraction, enter each fraction without the minus sign, calculate, then apply the following rules:
- If there are an even number of minus signs in a fraction or problem, the value of the resulting fraction is positive.
- If there are an odd number of minus signs in a fraction or problem, the value of the resulting fraction is negative.